Sponsoring and Product Placement
Evaluation of sponsoring companies activities in the areas of sport, culture, science and technology, and ecology and social, product place-ment in TV series and movies.
Our published research studies deal with:
- Awareness of sponsor companies' names in the general public , attitudes and opinions on sponsoring activities of firms (1988a, 1993a,)
- Measuring sponsorships' effectiveness: methodological and practical problems (1990)
- Changes in values and its consequences for sponsoring research (1993b)
- How to attract sponsorhips with research - a case study on ecology sponsoring (the Swiss Ligue for the Protection of Nature; 1993c, 1994c)
- Sponsoring as a societal phenomen. Public opinion on sponsoring.
- Social research on a cultural institution. The case of the Swiss National Museum (1994e)
The WI.SO Research Institute can draw on a pool of economists, sociologists, political scientists and psychologists, to build an interdisciplinary team of researchers and consultants with a great wealth of knowledge and practical experience. The Institute has a well-equipped CATI facility with a team of interviewers which is centralised and under the permanent control of the fieldwork manager. This team regularly conducts both representative studies and those geared to specific target groups, right across Switzerland - including the French and Italian speaking regions. Besides personal interviews, other methods of empirical research are used on their own or in combination, such as mail surveys, observation, systematic content analysis, group discussions (focus groups), expert interviews, in-depth interviews. The collated data is processed on our in-house computer systems. We use the PC+ version of the SPSS package for sophisticated statistical analysis.
Publications available (in English)
with order number and price; please order by E-Mail or Fax
SCHOCH, Rolf (1993c): Image and Attitude Research to Attract Sponsorships - A Case Study of the ,Swiss League for the Protection of Nature'. Sponsorship Europe '93 Conference, 2-3 November 1993, Amsterdam. Reprinted in: Marketing and Research Today, The Journal of the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research, Amsterdam, 2/1994, 75-87
Reprint Nr. 3/93 Fr. 35.- E-Mail
Reprinted in: MEENAGHAN, Tony (Ed.) (1995): Researching Commercial Sponsorship. New Monograph Series, Vol. 1, 2540. Amsterdam: ESOMAR European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research
© by WI.SO 1997-2016